4G’s final few weeks of Autumn Term with Mr G

Friday 15th December | 3 comments
0

Well we’ve made it and I think it’s fair to say that we are all ready for a lovely two week break.

We have been working hard in between all performances of our KS2 production of ‘The Snow Queen’. I was so proud of all the children from 4C that performed or were members of the beautiful sounding KS2 choir.

In Literacy, we have been finishing off our topic on Newspapers, creating our own report all about the Mount St Helens eruption of 1980 on Purple Mash.

In Numeracy, we have been looking at problem solving and practising our times tables skills.

We have also been finishing off our musical instruments including writing a post-make review of our instruments.

Today, your child will be bringing home an updated spelling list. Please use it to help your child practise their spellings as we go into the New Year. If there are a lot of spellings to learn, I recommend blocking them into smaller groups, maybe even a one a day challenge! As someone who struggles with spellings, I find it helps me!

And finally, I just want to say a massive thank you to all the class. I am really enjoying being back and working in Year 4 and I am booked in to work with the class until at least the 9th January.

If you are celebrating Christmas, I wish you a wonderful time and a Happy New Year to you all.

Mr Garlick

3 responses to “4G’s final few weeks of Autumn Term with Mr G”

1. laura says:

I rally in joyed making my muicel instrument. It was so fun i want tomake a nuthere one !

2. Umayr's mum says:

Thank you Mr Garlick for all your help and efforts this term. Umayr has enjoyed having you. Have a good Christmas break and New Year.

3. Lisa Jamieson says:

Thanks for stepping in Mr G! Lucas has enjoyed this term.