4K’s Week

Thursday 25th January | 1 comment
8

Hi all,

This week we have completed our stories about a bully. The children have produced some excellent writing. I hope to showcase some on our blog next week.

In Maths we have worked hard to understand adding and subtracting fractions. The children have added fractions with the same denominator and converted the answer from a top heavy (improper) fraction to a mixed number. Some children went on to adding fractions with different denominators.

In Science the children have been learning about how different types of teeth work. They used a potato masher to mash food like molars, a fork to tear food like canines and knives to act like inscisors.

On Wednesday, we had great fun reading our ‘Guides to Good Sleep’ to 2Lo. The children were brilliant role models to the year 2 class and it was lovely to see them helping the younger children with their reading.

We also started a new DT topic, creating pop-up books about vertebrates.

Have a lovely weekend,

Mrs Kroon and Ms Howells

One response to “4K’s Week”

1. Peter Harris says:

I know that there has been some impressive writing in Year 4 and I am pleased to see that children are doing this fabulous fraction work already. Keep up the great work 4K!