This week in 4k

Friday 12th January | 3 comments
6

Hi all,

After another busy but fun week, I thought I would start by sharing some of the Science work we have been doing in class. The children created branching keys and learnt how to sort vertebrates into the 5 main groups: mammals, reptiles, fish, birds and amphibians.They read information the sorted the animals and, on the whole, did very well. Can you spot the deliberate mistakes!

Sorting pond animals by asking yes or no questions to create a key:

In maths, we have finally finished multiplication and division. For homework I have set practise on multiplication methods.

We have now begun work on area and will be moving onto fractions next.

In Literacy we have had lots of fun looking at gender stereotypes. The children drew pictures of people doing different jobs  such as a police officer, nurse or pilot. We then discussed stereotypical views and how both men and women can do these jobs. We looked at how boys and girls might be expected to play with and do different things, but that we should not stereotype if they want to do different things. In grammar, the children have been learning to use conjunctions and speech accurately.

Have a great weekend,

Mrs Kroon and Ms Howells

3 responses to “This week in 4k”

1. Jenny Scott says:

You have had a busy week 4K. Some super keys.
    Well done!

2. Katie NWs mum says:

Hi
    Sounds like a great week. No homework has arrived home tho?

• bethkroon says:

Oops! I think the homework is still on the side in the classroom. Will give it out Monday.